Procon1 provided expert consulting services to the Electric Power Research Institute in the development of studies and reports on nuclear welding programs, emergency service water operability, repairs to leaking nuclear piping systems, and development of reinforcing sleeve and pad repair methods for nuclear raw water systems. Devloped Relief Requests and interfaced with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to achieve Regulatory approval for application of Code Case N-789, Pad Reinforcement, and Code Case N-786, Sleeve Reinforcement, at 10 nuclear power plants.
Procon1 has assisted other industry leaders, including Northeast Generation Services, in the evaluation and refinement of their welding program and procedures. As a result, they were able to meet the economic challenges associated with this rapidly changing technology, while ensuring complete compliance with governing Codes and regulations.
Procon1 developed a comprehensive and "best in the industry" ASME Code / Safety-Related HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) Fusing Program and Procedures for a leading industrial construction company, Kiewit Power Nuclear.
Procon1 developed a corporate HDPE Fusing Program and Procedures for Exelon, for implementation at 17 domestic Nuclear Units at 10 power plant sites. This program coveres ASME / Safety-Related fusing for Class 3 Syatems, as well as for non-safety systems - including simultaneous fusing of a 12 x 18 IPS dual containment system.
Procon1's reputation is based on more than forty years of dedicated and diversified service to the nuclear power industry. Knowledge and skills acquired through this experience range from:
• Drafting to field engineering to site management;
• Piping and support engineering to start-up testing to project supervision;
• Weld engineering to materials engineering to design engineering to engineering management;
• Group supervision to production supervision to department management;
• Program and procedure development to group realignment to department reorganization;
• Technical instruction to personnel development to leadership and engineering training program development, and course development and instruction of a five day course on the ASME Nuclear Codes.
Procon1 is now sharing the unique skills and knowledge acquired through this diverse experience with others. And we are prepared to share them with you.